This weekend at kids church, we will be hopping in a time machine and traveling back to the 80s and 90s.

I'm finalizing the look and feel of the service right now, but I'm definitely curious as to what some of you would do with that theme.

How about an Urkel-themed science character?

Or some vinyl records disc throwing games?

What worship songs would you do? Any Carman stuff?

Let me know your thoughts!!

Sheik

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

80's were all about the hair - big hair, weird hair.  Find bright colored wigs (OTC, Shindigz) and wear them, offer them for prizes.  Also neon colors were very hot back in the day.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, My Little Ponies, Cabbage Patch Dolls were some popular toys.  You might do a big mural with some of those.  You could use that MW Smith song about friends (no, not that one..the one about "Lone Ranger and Tonto, Snoopy and Charlie",etc.), SC Chapman "The Great Adventure".  Just some random thoughts..JOY

Hey Joy,

Those are awesome ideas! The bright colored wig idea is worth the price of admission alone! I'll have to check out Shindigz to pick some up.

We've been having a blast with this theme. We're doing Bible verses in the style of the old Ghostwriter show and featuring characters that work in video rental stores.

My favorite part of all of it is that we've been showing clips from the McGee and Me videos that relate to our topic!

Sounds awesome, dude!  :)  Little Ninja Turtles thing right there..

This is awesome... how did your weekend go? I wonder what other ideas people have. I'd definitely find a way to introduce an Alf character and some in-line skates.

Weekends have been going great since we started this! We've been playing Carman and DC Talk as parents pick up their kids and we're bring some old school CCM-fanatics out of the closet!

I've also been rockin' a neon pink OP windbreaker!

We are just about due for some in-line skates action.

King of kings and Lord of lords

Awesome God  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Join our contact list!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Michael Chanley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service