I'm trying to build a list of Bible verses that are especially encouraging or challenging to people in children's ministry. I'd love to get your input.

Which Bible verses have been especially meaningful to you as someone in children's ministry? (The verses don't necessarily need to be about kids.)

Thanks for your help!

Tags: Bible, encouragement

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hebrews 11:1

In children's ministry we often don't see what God does with the children we minister to. But, we do it trusting that God is going to work in and through these children. This verse reminds me of this and encourages me to push on, even when I don't SEE the fruit.

Matt N.

Nice! Thanks! Given that line of thought, do you find 1 Corinthians 3:6 encouraging, too?

I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth.

Matt Norman said:

Hebrews 11:1

In children's ministry we often don't see what God does with the children we minister to. But, we do it trusting that God is going to work in and through these children. This verse reminds me of this and encourages me to push on, even when I don't SEE the fruit.

Matt N.

YES! It is not our job to MAKE growth happen, God does this.

The other thing I get from this verse is that sometimes we are Paul planting seeds and sometimes we are Apollos watering. We tend to want to be the harvester, but if seeds are not planted and the ground watered, then there will be no harvest. We have to be willing to be planters and waterers as well as harvesters.

Matthew 18:1-14 has been a driving force for me. There was many a time I was ready to give up and I would hear in my head, "whoever causes one of these to stumble."  

I used it continually in training, in my writings to both those serving the children and parents. I found it spoke volumes and was a great motivator when adults learned how important children are to the Triune God.

Mark 10:13-16 is another one that shows how important children are to God.

Deuteronomy 6 was a challenge to me to challenge every adult in the church to get involved in child discipleship at one level or another. "O Israel" a challenge not just to parents but to the entire community.

Proverbs 22:6 a verse that challenged me to minister to each individual child - not to a mass of kids. The Lord gave me a way to do that which brought amazing results.

Because a vision is lost every thirty days I repeated these scriptures over and over.

God bless you as you disciple children and equip others to do so also.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Join our contact list!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Michael Chanley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service